[logback-user] maxHistory doesnt delete older files properly

Greg Thomas greg.d.thomas at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 13:36:30 CET 2011

On 24 March 2011 21:26, Raman, Kalyan <Kalyan.Raman at morganstanley.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Issue is that it doesn’t always delete files older than the max history
> Could someone please let me know if this is fixed in any release? And if so
> what is that? Or any work around for this?

The ticket is still open - http://jira.qos.ch/browse/LBCORE-147 - and
AFAIK, it's not fixed in any release. The only work around that I'm
aware of is to either
a) Somehow provoke some logging activity every time period, to ensure
the old file is tidied up automatically by logback, or
b) Run your own cron job/scheduled task to tidy up the log files

Greg