[logback-user] logback.xml configuration scan (Glassfish 3.1)

Sven Hafner s.hafner at bevisible-online.com
Thu May 5 10:08:51 CEST 2011

Hi !

I use below settings and deploy to Glassfish. Logback.xml is not inside
the warfile, but I copy it to the classes folder
under /domain/application/...

<configuration scan="true" scanPeriod="20 seconds" debug="true">
<statusListener
class="ch.qos.logback.core.status.OnConsoleStatusListener" />

When deploying or restarting the app the config is read
..
16:02:41,826 |-INFO in
ch.qos.logback.classic.joran.action.ConfigurationAction - Setting
ReconfigureOnChangeFilter scanning period to 20 seconds
16:02:41,826 |-INFO in
ch.qos.logback.classic.turbo.ReconfigureOnChangeFilter at 12a0ca7 - Will
scan for changes in
[[/home/sven/glassfish3/glassfish/domains/domain1/applications/HelloLog/WEB-INF/classes/logback.xml]] every 20 seconds.
16:02:41,826 |-INFO in
ch.qos.logback.classic.joran.action.ConfigurationAction - Adding
ReconfigureOnChangeFilter as a turbo filter
16:02:41,828 |-INFO in
ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.StatusListenerAction - Adding status
listener of type [ch.qos.logback.core.status.OnConsoleStatusListener]
..

but it does not re-read on any change, only restarting the app will read
changes like debug-level change.

Any ideas ?

Thanks !
Sven