[logback-user] Log Rotation Fails on Windows if Using JNDI

Scott Dudley scott at telesoft.com
Thu Nov 3 19:39:29 CET 2011

There are two applications running under one Tomcat instance and yes,
Tomcat also logs via the same file and configuration.

Yes, I read the link in the error but there was nothing applicable to my
specific configuration/scenario.

Like I said, it does exactly what we want on Linux but log rotation
fails on Windows.  If I disable JNDI, log rotation works but then I lose
context identification (application name) which is likewise critical.

--
Scott Dudley
Senior Developer

Telesoft Corp. | 1661 E. Camelback Rd., Suite 300 | Phoenix, AZ, 85016

*o:* (602) 308-1115**| *f:* (602) 308-1300 | *w:* www.telesoft.com
<http://www.telesoft.com>

*TEM Edge Blog <http://www.telesoft.com/blog> *|*Twitter
<http://www.twitter.com/_Telesoft> *|*Facebook

<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Telesoft-Corp/76397971661>Join us at
Telesoft Connections 2011. Learn more now!
<http://www.telesoftconference.com>*