[logback-user] Log Rotation Fails on Windows if Using JNDI

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Fri Nov 4 08:41:18 CET 2011

If you have ContextJNDISelector as discussed previously, you must use
prudent mode. With ContextJNDISelector , prudent mode is not optional
but mandatory.

You could abandon ContextJNDISelector and replace it with a servlet
filter which inserts the name of the application into the MDC. An even
better solution would be to write a custom converter, say
JNDIPropertyConverter which would lookup the application name from
JNDI and output the value found. See the docs on creating a custom
converter [1] for details. From what we discussed thus far, I think
JNDIPropertyConverter is your best bet yet.

[1] http://logback.qos.ch/manual/layouts.html#customConversionSpecifier
http://twitter.com/#!/ceki