[logback-user] Encoder pattern documentation?

Andrew Bourgeois andrew.bourgeois at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 6 01:52:10 CET 2011

Hello again

can I find a complete documentation somewhere describing the “pattern” property of encoder?
There are a few examples inside the documentation, but none of them are really exhaustive.

I was surprised to see the output of:
pattern = "%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss,SSS} [%t] %-5p - (%c) - %m%n"
which wasn’t converted by the tools available (from my log4j.properties).

Also... while it’s kind of obvious, I couldn’t find a sentence saying “for the Groovy configuration you need ‘groovy-1.8.3.jar’ on your classpath”.
The only thing I found was:
“GEventEvaluator depends on the Groovy runtime. It was tested with Groovy version 1.7.2. ” (source: http://logback.qos.ch/setup.html ).
I may also have missed the page explaining it all, let me know if I did.

Thank you for your time!

Best regards

Andrew Bourgeois