[logback-user] Compression in SiftingAppender

TJ Rothwell tj.rothwell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 21:31:29 CET 2011

Ceki,

I haven't tested against HEAD yet. But I was tweaking with <maxHistory>,
and it doesn't appear to obey when the filename pattern changes on the
folder. This might be an unsupported configuration, but thought it might
work since I saw it as an example on the website.
"/wombat/%d{yyyy/MM}/foo.txt" [1]

This is the config I'm testing with.

      <appender name="FILE-${KEY}"
class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender">
        <encoder
class="ch.qos.logback.classic.encoder.PatternLayoutEncoder">
          <pattern>%d{HH:mm:ss.SSS zz} %-5level [%thread] %logger{35}
[%-3X{KEY}] %msg%n</pattern>
        </encoder>
        <rollingPolicy
class="com.touchnet.twp.contextconfig.lbclassic.CloseTBRP">
          <fileNamePattern>${TEMP_FOLDER}/%d{HHmmss'/maxhist-key/key.'HHmmss
}.${KEY}.%i.txt.zip</fileNamePattern>
          <maxHistory>1</maxHistory> <!-- date periods to keep in addition
to current -->
          <timeBasedFileNamingAndTriggeringPolicy
class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.CloseSTBFNATP">
            <maxFileSize>1</maxFileSize> <!-- testing if index values were
counted in history -->
          </timeBasedFileNamingAndTriggeringPolicy>
        </rollingPolicy>
      </appender>

[1]  http://logback.qos.ch/manual/appenders.html

Thanks,