[logback-user] How to log FROM an appender?

TJ Rothwell tj.rothwell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 17:32:38 CET 2011

I must be missing something. Why the need to originate new logging messages
from the appender? Any status updates you could do through ContextAware
methods; any custom work to the JMS Queue would occur in that appender. So
I don't understand the need for creating additional logging messages. If
the appender is acting as a filter so some messages can be processed by a
different appender, then a filter would help. [1]

I'm glad you have something that works.

[1] http://logback.qos.ch/manual/filters.html

-- TJ