[logback-user] Invalid URL reference in logback error code

Stevo Slavić sslavic at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 04:18:23 CEST 2011

Hello logback users,

When trying out perf4j's recently added support for logback I followed
example from perf4j logback package javadoc which can be found here:
http://perf4j.codehaus.org/apidocs/index.html?org/perf4j/logback/package-summary.html

That example at the moment has a bug, perf4jFileAppender is referenced
from a logger, but the appender is listed in configuration file after
logger. Logback's AppenderRefAction reports this as an error with
following code

{code}
    Appender appender = (Appender) appenderBag.get(appenderName);

    if (appender == null) {
      String msg = "Could not find an appender named [" + appenderName
          + "]. Did you define it below in the config file?";
      inError = true;
      addError(msg);
      addError("See " + CoreConstants.CODES_URL
          + "#appender_order for more details.");
      return;
    }
{code}

Url this produces in logback-classic 0.9.30 is
http://logback.qos.ch/codes.html#appender_order
When accessed, error codes page opens, but on it there is no
explanation for this error and in the page source there is no element
with appender_order id.
Couldn't find in the history of the codes.html page (
https://github.com/ceki/logback/commits/master/logback-site/src/site/pages/codes.html
) one revision that ever had this.

Am I missing something or is this a bug in logback site?

Regards,
Stevo.