[logback-user] How to start my logback before anything in an application

BAKHTI Mohammed onlymed at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 21 22:56:05 CEST 2011

Hello Chris,  and thanks for your reply

actually i'm talking in general,

if we have a webapp , a jar or other logback is always the first thing launched, so i'm asking about how ? this way i can do the same with my API.

Thanks

From: thechrispratt at gmail.com
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 09:57:01 -0700
To: logback-user at qos.ch
Subject: Re: [logback-user] How to start my logback before anything in an	application

I assume you're talking about a Web Application.  If so, check out javax.servlet.ServletContextListener, it's your best bet.

  (*Chris*)

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 7:47 AM, BAKHTI Mohammed <onlymed at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I have  actually an API which use logback and add some specific functions. this API initialize logback in code : joranConfigurator(myconfig.file)

I dont have any logback.xml in my classpath.

My question is how can i start this API (and then logback) at application startup before all the other frameworks and APIs (spring, hibernate, axis...)

I mean the same way logback init itself with logback.xml at startup

Thanks

Logback-user at qos.ch