[logback-user] Building logback when tests fail

Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen thunderaxiom at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 25 13:45:24 CEST 2011

Hi.

I am trying to set up Logback for development in order to write a
JDK14Appender (based on the bridge) and my cloned source fails in testing
with “[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.6:test (default-test) on
project logback-classic: There are test failures.” so I cannot run the "mvn
package" command listed on the documentation page.

Running “mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true package” gives me “[ERROR] Failed to
execute goal on project logback-classic: Could not resolve dependencies for
project ch.qos.logback:logback-classic:jar:0.9.30-SNAPSHOT: Could not find
artifact ch.qos.logback:logback

-core:jar:tests:0.9.30-SNAPSHOT -> [Help 1]” instead.

I'd like to get this up and running in Eclipse but it is not quite easy even
with both egit and Eclipse Maven plugins.

What would you suggest me to do to get up and running?

Thanks

/Thorbjørn