[logback-user] How to suppress image logging in logback-access?

Chris shef31 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 23:25:57 CEST 2011

I'm using logback-access with Jetty. It's working fine, except that http
requests for images (*.jpg, *.gif) are getting logged. Most app servers
suppress these log records because they bloat the logs.

When I was using the old Jetty NCSARequestLog object, there was a
setIgnorePaths() method that worked, but the logback RequestLogImpl
doesn't have a similar method.

I'm pretty sure there's a way to do it in logback-access.xml, perhaps
using some kind of filter. Does anyone have the appropriate syntax?