[logback-user] NoClassDefFoundError: ch/qos/logback/classic/spi/ThrowableProxy

jaybytez jaybytez at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 22:17:46 CEST 2011

We have a war file that is using SLF4J and Logback Classic/Core 0.9.29,
running in WebLogic 11.

Any thoughts to why I would get a no class found even though the jar exists?
I assume we have jars in the war that are causing conflicts.

Thanks...jay

Exception in thread "ListenerContainer-1" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
ch/qos/logback/classic/spi/ThrowableProxy
        at
ch.qos.logback.classic.spi.LoggingEvent.<init>(LoggingEvent.java:123)
        at
ch.qos.logback.classic.Logger.buildLoggingEventAndAppend(Logger.java:471)
        at
ch.qos.logback.classic.Logger.filterAndLog_0_Or3Plus(Logger.java:427)
        at ch.qos.logback.classic.Logger.log(Logger.java:846)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SLF4JLocationAwareLog.warn(SLF4JLocationAwareLog.java:199)
        at
org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer.handleListenerSetupFailure(DefaultMessageListenerContainer.java:818)
        at
org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer$AsyncMessageListenerInvoker.run(DefaultMessageListenerContainer.java:968)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)