[logback-user] SMTPAppender buffer flushed on exit?

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Tue Sep 20 22:00:55 CEST 2011

Hi Mark,

Assuming SMTPAppender is configured with OnErrorEvaluator (the default),
then an email will be sent each time a logging event with the ERROR
level occurs.  You can cause such an event to occur on system exit by
registering a shutdown hook. See Runtime.addShutdownHook.

HTH,

--
QOS.ch, main sponsor of cal10n, logback and slf4j open source projects,
is looking to hire talented software developers. For further details,