[logback-user] Logging crossing contexts

Robert Voliva rvoliva at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 18:09:18 CEST 2012

We run multiple apps in the same instance of Mule (ESB product), all in the
same JVM.  We use a context selector to setup each app with its own logging
context at startup.  This has worked fine for quite some time, we haven't
upgraded/changed any slf4j or logback dependencies, and it suddenly stopped
working.  What's happening now is that we're getting parts of our logging
ending up in other context's log files.

For example, we'll get a WARN message in the appropriate log file, but then
a stack trace for that app will get logged to a different context's log
file.  It ends up in the same log file every time we restart, so it seems
to be repeatable.  Even if we remove all but two apps from the JVM, we can
show that even with just those two apps they log to each other's log files.

Any ideas out there for me to try?