[logback-user] Logging crossing contexts

Chris Rompot crompot at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 18:01:06 CEST 2012

Ceki Gulcu wrote:

> If my memory serves me correctly, the context selection code has not
> changed significantly since 0.9.28.
>
> How do you perform context selection? Is it JNDI based? Again, what
> happens when you revert to logback 0.9.28?
>
> --
> Ceki
> http://tinyurl.com/proLogback

We recently noticed the same problem using logback-classic version 1.0.6. We
store our LoggerContexts as values of a static HashMap. I have verified that
the keys used to retrieve the appropriate LoggerContext have distinct hash
codes. In the example that we noticed, the appropriate context was used on
2012-08-15 11:48:58 - 15:48:07 after which it was no longer used. Log
entries that should have gone to it were mixed in with those for a newly
created context from 2012-08-15 15:48:28 on.