[logback-user] Problem with Logging in Linux

Oliver Zemann oliver.zemann at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 13:05:07 CEST 2012

I was able to easily get it working with maven when i copied the file
into my resources folder, but it is not working with ant. Somehow it
is not found, in that case all debugging options in the xml makes no
sense as this is just not found.

I tested it with StatusPrinter and printing the LoggerContext:

run:
12:58:06.590 [main] ERROR com.logbackanttest.LogbackAntTest - ERROR
12:58:06,545 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.classic.LoggerContext[default] -
Could NOT find resource [logback.groovy]
12:58:06,545 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.classic.LoggerContext[default] -
Could NOT find resource [logback-test.xml]
12:58:06,545 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.classic.LoggerContext[default] -
Could NOT find resource [logback.xml]
12:58:06,546 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.classic.LoggerContext[default] -
Setting up default configuration.

I am currently in the project root directory, where a logback.xml is
located. Also the dist folder (created by netbeans) contains a
logback.xml and inside this dist folder the folder lib is created
(containing the 3 jars, logback common, classic and slf4j) where also
a logback.xml is located.