[logback-user] Problem with Logging in Linux

Oliver Zemann oliver.zemann at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 17:07:40 CEST 2012

How to reproduce:

Create a new Java Application in Netbeans with following content:

package com.logbackanttest;

import ch.qos.logback.classic.LoggerContext;
import ch.qos.logback.core.util.StatusPrinter;
import org.slf4j.Logger;
import org.slf4j.LoggerFactory;

public class LogbackAntTest {
private static final Logger LOG = LoggerFactory.getLogger(LogbackAntTest.class);
    /**
     */
        LOG.trace("TRACING");
        LOG.error("ERROR");
        LoggerContext lc = (LoggerContext) LoggerFactory.getILoggerFactory();
    // print logback's internal status
    StatusPrinter.print(lc);

    }
}

Now try to get it working ;)

I really tried alot, but it makes no difference where i copy the
logback.xml into. I tried it with the dist/ folder, with the lib
folder (which must be in the classpath, otherwise the application
would not start at all).
I have absolutly no idea whats going on - i guess with maven it just
copies the logback.xml into the jar and uses that (i created a
jar-with-dependencies).