[logback-user] Are special charcters allowed in logger configurations?

Noman Amir Jamil n.amir.jamil at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 10:42:22 CET 2012

Hi,

I would like to know if the following issue is resolved in logback, it was
previously encountered in log4j:

"there are known issues with using this naming convention (with square
brackets) in log4j XML based configuration files"

I am using a similar configuration with square brackets:

logger name="org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost]"
level="INFO" additivity="false">

But it appears that the portion after ContainerBase is being ignored or not
processed.

I would really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks
Noman A.