[logback-user] SMTPAppender mail not sent (logback 1.0.0, JDK 1.5)

Louis-Félix louisfelix at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 16:33:44 CET 2012

Thanks for the answer, but yes, mail.jar and activation.jar are included
(smtp.jar was not necessary for 0.9.30, so I guess it's not necessary for
1.0.0).

The behavior is quite simple:

If I start tomcat with logback-core-0.9.30.jar and
logback-classic-0.9.30.jar in the lib directory of my webapp, SMTPAppender
sends emails correctly (on error logging events).

Now, I just stop tomcat, replace the two librairies with
logback-classic-1.0.0.jar and logback-core-1.0.0.jar, and I restart tomcat,
SMTPAppender do not sends emails anymore...

Louis-Félix