[logback-user] Release of logback-beagle 1.0.0

Smith, Larry (ECS - Enterprise Cloud Service) larry.smith5 at hp.com
Fri Jul 13 18:14:52 CEST 2012

Ceki & Sébastien

This is really cool. Great start.

Of course the enhancements needed are the ability of the developer to customize logger levels so that they only see messages from the classes they are interested in.

So if the console was normally set at ERROR, and I could set  com.myorg.mystuff = DEBUG or TRACE in beagle, then I would be able to see the details I'm interested in from a developer perspective without having to modify the logback.xml (and accidentally check it into the source repository).

The other item I noticed was that if you add the <consolePlugin> to the xml file and the plugin has not been installed (by the IDE user), you see a stack trace. It is at INFO level, but is an area of concern if I want to add this to all of my logback.xml configurations for use by the team.

So in your opinion, would it be wise to add to a regular logback.xml files or do you see each developer adding this themselves?

Larry Smith