[logback-user] Logback-beagle with config file used for multiple environments

Noremac cam at byu.edu
Wed Jul 25 00:31:19 CEST 2012

I found the newly released Logback-Beagle to look pretty cool. I want it!

However, I see that you need to add the tag <consolePlugin /> to the config
file. This makes me worry a little about the implications on this when that
same config file is used in test and production.

So it looks like if I add the consolePlugin then I'll be having an added
appender trying to spit out logs to the local machine (not desired).

Basically, I only want the extra appender in development. Is there any other
way to do this other than doing it programmatically (by doing a check on
which environment it is in).