[logback-user] ANSI coloring?

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Thu Jun 7 16:49:34 CEST 2012

Hi Adam,

Color control is done within the pattern by color converters which are
just composite converters, i.e. converters containing other conveters.
Here is a sample "pattern" property:

   <pattern>%highlight(%-5level) %cyan(%logger) - %msg%n</pattern>

Note the %highlight and %cyan composite conversion specifiers which
contain other conversion specifiers (you can have as many as you want).

For instance, the following is legal:

   <pattern>%highlight(%-5level %logger - %msg)%n</pattern>

The %highlight specifier is implemented by
HighlightingCompositeConverter [1] all in about 10 lines of code.

[1] http://goo.gl/YJA8T
http://twitter.com/#!/ceki