[logback-user] LocLoggers and TurboFilters

Dario Campagna campagna at esteco.com
Sun Jun 10 11:21:35 CEST 2012

Hi Ceki,

> Could you provide a code sample of how you invoke a LocLogger with a marker?

Sure! The following class shows how I use a LocLogger to generate a logging request with a marker.

public class LocLoggerTest {

		IMessageConveyor mc = new MessageConveyor(Locale.getDefault());

		LocLoggerFactory llFactory_default = new LocLoggerFactory(mc);

		LocLogger locLogger = llFactory_default.getLocLogger("defaultLocLogger");

		Marker alwaysMarker = MarkerFactory.getMarker("ALWAYS");

		locLogger.info(alwaysMarker,"This will always appear.");

		locLogger.info("Hello!");

	}

}

A simple configuration file to test it is

<configuration debug="true">

	<appender name="STDOUT" class="ch.qos.logback.core.ConsoleAppender">
		<encoder>
			<pattern>%level - %date - %marker - %msg%n</pattern>
		</encoder>
	</appender>

	<turboFilter class="ch.qos.logback.classic.turbo.MarkerFilter">
		<Marker>ALWAYS</Marker>
		<OnMatch>ACCEPT</OnMatch>
		<OnMismatch>NEUTRAL</OnMismatch>
	</turboFilter>

	<logger name="defaultLocLogger" level="INFO">
		<appender-ref ref="STDOUT" />
	</logger>

</configuration>

When I change the logger level to a value grater than INFO, the logging request marked ALWAYS is not enabled.

Cheers,
Dario