[logback-user] Logback docs: Basic configuration example uses layout instead of encoder

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Fri Jun 15 21:54:38 CEST 2012

On 15.06.2012 14:48, Stevo Slavić wrote:
> Hello Logback community,
>
> Several times when searching for initial basic logback configuration
> file, I'd end up at http://logback.qos.ch/manual/joran.html and use
> basic configuration example, but then I'd get error/warning message by
> logback at runtime about deprecated configuration option with reference
> to http://logback.qos.ch/codes.html#layoutInsteadOfEncoder

The page http://logback.qos.ch/manual/joran.html no longer exists. It
was split into configuration.html and onJoran.html eons ago. If you
try to access joran.html on the web site, you should now be redirected
to onJoran.html.

In any case, examples with FileAppender (or derived classes) using
<layout> without an enclosing <encoder> should me modified to use
<encoder>

> Is there any valid reason for this example to still use deprecated stuff?

No reason at all. The page in question, i.e. joran.html, was stale.

http://twitter.com/#!/ceki