[logback-user] Replacing JUL with logback with Tomcat

Alex Glass alexander.glass at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 19:33:20 CET 2012

I have setup logback-access according to the documentation with a
LogbackValve and my Tomcat instance is logging requests.  However it seems
Tomcat is still writing messages to the console using JUL.  What is the
best way to route these messages to logback?  Do I configure Tomcat to use
log4j and then try and bridge those messages into logback-classic or is
there a less complicated way?  In the past I followed these instructions
[1] to get Tomcat logging with log4j but would rather just use logback
going forward.

Thanks,
Alex

http://mrhaki.blogspot.com/2011/02/configure-log4j-on-tomcat.html