[logback-user] RCP

David Virdefors david.virdefors at purplescout.se
Thu May 24 14:20:10 CEST 2012

Hi,

It seems like there is no built in support for logging from within an
Eclipse RCP plug-in. So I wrote my own appender and pointed to it from my
logback.xml

14:14:04,992 |-ERROR in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderAction -
Could not create an Appender of type [foo.RCPAppender].
ch.qos.logback.core.util.DynamicClassLoadingException: Failed to
instantiate type se.ericsson.baseband.logging.RCPAppender

                             at
ch.qos.logback.core.util.DynamicClassLoadingException: Failed to
instantiate type foo.RCPAppender

I've seen other people who have trouble with this when using ecilpse
plug-ins and bundles due to different class loaders. I have however not
found any proper solution to this.

How would I make logback find my appender?

BR David