[logback-user] RCP

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Thu May 24 19:41:06 CEST 2012

On 24.05.2012 19:07, Tony Trinh wrote:
> Thanks, Ceki. I'm thinking we can put EclipseLogAppender.java in
> logback-extensions [1] and package it as a JAR that users could add to
> their Eclipse projects. Separating it from the main logback source makes
> sense to me especially because it depends on a couple Eclipse
> packages. A link to it from the logback.qos.ch <http://logback.qos.ch>
> (or the documentation therein) might be helpful for users to find it.

Sure, logback-extensions sounds like a good home. Les Hazelwood has
put in place quite a modular structure for logback-extensions. It
would be probably useful to get his input on the integration of
EclipseLogAppender. As you probably know already, you have commit
privs on logback-extensions.

David, as the person who initially suggested this appender, do you
have any feedback on EclipseLogAppender?

Tony, do you intend to use EclipseLogAppender in your own projects?

BTW, in case you want to push content under the
http://logback.qos.ch/extensions/ the procedure is very similar to
that for http://logback.qos.ch/android/ with which you are already
familiar.

http://twitter.com/#!/ceki