[logback-user] JMX on a WebSphere clustered environment

Christopher.White at bbh.com Christopher.White at bbh.com
Thu May 31 17:53:57 CEST 2012

Thank you for these great ideas! I will take a look at both of these
options in more detail.

I'm not a fan of tying myself to WebSphere, but I do like the idea of
using a common cache mechanism over making manual modifications to an xml
file (and having to make sure that the single xml file is available to
both servers...which would require a significant change to how our
applications are packaged and deployed).

I think I am also going to investigate the possibility of creating an
external application that will allow me to connect to any remote JMX
MBeanServer and change the logging as needed. The user will have to
provide the connection information, but will be ok as long as they can
access any server they want from this single application (providing our
company's infrastructure will allow and support this).

Thanks,

Christopher White
Sr. Programmer
1-617-772-2403