[logback-user] Configuring properties via XML

Adam Gordon adam.n.gordon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 18:54:08 CET 2012

The Layout chapter indicates it supports property value retrieval via
%property{key} and states that the logging context is where one might put a
property (along w/ System properties).  I believe log4j did this w/ the
<param name="key_name" value="some_value"> element in the <appender> and
referenced it via %properties{key_name}.

I'm not seeing how to do this in Logback in XML.  Would it go in the
<logger> element?  What's the syntax?  Could someone please point me to the
relevant section in the appropriate chapter of the manual?

Thanks,

--adam

http://gordonizer.com