[logback-user] Configuring properties via XML

Adam Gordon adam.n.gordon at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 01:42:03 CET 2012

I was able to get this working using the SiftingAppender.  Thanks!  My
request filter pulls the child app name from the URI and sets the MDC
variable which yields the appropriate behavior of Spring logging to the
correct log files.

One final question:  is this going to be subject to race conditions?  If
user A is using child app A at the same time as user B is using child app
B, they're going to go through the same request filter so it's feasible
that A's value gets set and that thread goes to do some intensive business
logic (which let's say has a bunch of logging), B's thread comes in and
changes the value, will A's thread suddenly switch log files?

I guess the real question is when does the SiftingAppender query MDC for
the value and when does it update it for the nested <appender>?

--adam

http://gordonizer.com