[logback-user] SMTPAppender, HTMLLayout with text/plain

Alexandre Garnier zigarn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 18:47:47 CET 2012

Filipe Sousa <natros at ...> writes:

> Hi.
>
> For some reason I'm receiving email reports with mime type text/plain
> and my email client shows all the html code. I'm attaching a report
> sent by logback.
>
> I'm using javax.mail 1.4.4 and this logback (1.0.3) configuration

I had the same problem and just found the explanation: I had a (not direct)
dependency to geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec and this implementation was used and it
forces the content-type to 'text/plain'
(http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.apache.geronimo.specs/geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec/1.7/javax/mail/internet/MimeBodyPart.java?av=f#426)
So just exclude 'geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec' and it should solve your problem.