[logback-user] Ignoring specific packages?

Pegram, David dpegram at biosignia.com
Mon Nov 26 17:54:17 CET 2012

Thank you for your help Chris!  I was able to get the JUL messages bridged to SLF4J and logged in the appropriate logback managed files.

However, as a result I'm picking up a lot of "noise" from other packages.  I've turned them down using the following configuration options (see below).  Can someone tell me if there is a way to exclude them from the two appenders without affecting higher level handlers?  For example, I'd like to ignore messages from "org.jboss.*" and let the container continue to handle its own logging.  Unfortunately, setting the "org.jboss" level to "OFF" has a side-effect of disabling the container's logging too (server.log).

Thank you!

-          D. Pegram

       <logger name="javax.enterprise" level="WARN" />
       <logger name="org.springframework" level="WARN" />
       <logger name="javax.faces" level="INFO" />
       <logger name="org.apache" level="INFO" />
       <logger name="org.hibernate" level="WARN" />
       <logger name="org.primefaces" level="INFO" />
       <logger name="ch.qos.logback" level="WARN" />

       <logger name="org.jboss" level="INFO" />

       <root level="DEBUG">
              <appender-ref ref="InfoFileAppender" />
              <appender-ref ref="DebugFileAppender" />
       </root>