[logback-user] how to append logs to syslog without opening udp ports

Sumanth MS sumanth.sathyanarayana at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 22:39:59 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am trying to use logback logging functionality on our java code
and am trying to use syslog appender. Basically I want all the logs
to get logged into the syslog(in my own machine) without syslog opening the
udp ports!
Is there any way of doing it?
In the documentation for syslog appender, it is mentioned to verify
whether the remote syslog daemon accepts request from an external source!

But I do not want the logging to take place in a remote syslog.
I want it to be logged in my own machine's syslog daemon without explicitly
having to
open up the udp ports for that! Is there a way of doing it?
Or should I use syslog4j for doing it?
Please do suggest!

Thanks & Best Regards
Sumanth