[logback-user] Using Logback with RabbitMQ

Smith, Larry (ECS - Enterprise Cloud Service) larry.smith5 at hp.com
Thu Oct 18 23:32:11 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Tried looking this up on the net, but there is nothing recent. I would like to use an appender (standard or custom) that could interface with RabbitMQ.

I have a need to see logging data in real time, but cannot use the console nor a database.

I would assume that a custom appender can be written to communicate with the RabbitMQ exchange, and I would also like to be able to disable the appender when it is not required.

Any ideas on how to begin this?

Larry Smith