[logback-user] Logging to a network file system

Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen thunderaxiom at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 29 16:55:57 CET 2012

If you can make the network drive appear like a local file system to your
application then you can log normally (with the added possibility that your
program will have to wait until the file system accepts the flush - this may
slow your application down).

If this is unacceptable then consider forwarding your log events to a
dedicated logging server with buffering capabilities so your application
will run at full speed.  I believe this is the business case for
Logback-audit (http://audit.qos.ch/) which is commercial software.

/Thorbjørn