[logback-user] Batch Update error using Logback with Postgres on Windows

Dawson Mossman dawsonm at lashpoint.com
Thu Apr 4 21:41:33 CEST 2013

I'm using Postgres 9.2 on Windows with Logback 0.9.18.  I am using the
DBAppender to log to a database.  I am able to log a single logging_event
record, but whenever I add something to the MDC which triggers records
being written to the logging_event_property table, I get the following
error:  I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on.  thanks!
BTW, the JDBC driver is postgresql-9.2-1002.jdbc4.jar

16:33:01,514 |-ERROR in ch.qos.logback.classic.db.DBAppender[db] - problem
appending event java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Batch entry 0 INSERT INTO
 logging_event_property (event_id, mapped_key, mapped_value) VALUES (3,
'dog', 'dog') was aborted.  Call getNextException to see the cause.
at java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Batch entry 0 INSERT INTO
 logging_event_property (event_id, mapped_key, mapped_value) VALUES (3,
'dog', 'dog') was aborted.  Call getNextException to see the cause.
at at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement$BatchResultHandler.handleError(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:2746)
at at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1887)
at at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:405)
at at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeBatch(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:2893)
at at
ch.qos.logback.classic.db.DBAppender.insertProperties(DBAppender.java:173)
at at ch.qos.logback.classic.db.DBAppender.subAppend(DBAppender.java:94)
at at ch.qos.logback.core.db.DBAppenderBase.append(DBAppenderBase.java:98)

*
*