[logback-user] SiftingAppender and RollingFileAppender, roll on close.

Becker, Thomas Thomas.Becker at netapp.com
Thu Apr 11 19:26:35 CEST 2013

I wrote a patch to make the sifting appender timeout configurable and submitted a pull request.  I've since closed the request since I moved the changes to a different branch, and because the maintainer didn't show much interest in accepting it.  My patch also contains the ability to specify a hard limit on how many sub-appenders can be open simultaneously, which I intended as a fail-safe to prevent Logback from consuming an unbounded number of file descriptors (since, if you run out your application can fail in many places completely unrelated to logging).  You can find the branch here:

https://github.com/twbecker/logback/tree/siftingAppender