[logback-user] JBoss logback scan=true not reloading the changes automatically

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Sat Apr 13 09:12:19 CEST 2013

Access to logback's internal messages should be helpful. Please try
setting the debug attribute of config element to true:

  <configuration debug="true" scan=... >

See also [1]. The internal messages should indicate whether
ReConfigureChangeFilter is active or not.

http://logback.qos.ch/manual/configuration.html#automaticStatusPrinting

On 13.04.2013 09:02, KNair wrote:
> Hi
>
> I ve upgraded SL4J and Logback, still no luck, this time i tried with a
> relatively less complex application(Lesser number of logging), still its
> not picking up. Only jmx approach seem to be working for me.  I used
> SL4j1.7.5 and logback 1.0.11.
>
> I ve put a debug on LOG variable and inspected it. I could see in
> TurboFilter, inside ReConfigureChangeFilter,maxCallerDataDepth = 8 and
> invocationCounter = 542202, will these have any effects? Or is there is any
> particular watch point that will help me to identify what is delaying the
> reload?
>
> Here is my logback xml.  Is it because some thing is wrong in my xml? But
> even then it picks up when i restart the application.
>

> <configuration scan="true" scanPeriod="30 seconds">
>

>      <appender name="FILE"
> class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender">
>          <file>${jboss.server.home.dir}/log/server.log</file>
>          <rollingPolicy
> class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy">
>

>              <fileNamePattern>logFile.%d{yyyy-MM-dd}.log</fileNamePattern>
>

>              <maxHistory>30</maxHistory>
>
>          </rollingPolicy>
>          <encoder>
>             <pattern>%date %-5level [%logger] %msg%n</pattern>
>          </encoder>
>      </appender>
>

>      <appender name="CONSOLE" class="ch.qos.logback.core.ConsoleAppender">
>          <encoder>
>              <pattern>%date %-5level [%logger] %msg%n</pattern>
>          </encoder>
>      </appender>
>

>      <logger name="org.apache" level="WARN"/>
>      <logger name="com.opensymphony.oscache" level="ERROR"/>
>

>      <logger name="org.hibernate" level="WARN"/>
>

>      <logger name="org.activemq" level="WARN"/>
>
>      <logger name="org.jnp" level="WARN"/>
>

>      <logger name="com.ourapp" level="INFO"/>
>      <logger name="com.ourapp.settings" level="WARN"/>
>      <logger name="com.ourapp.commons.utilities" level="ERROR"/>
>      <logger name="org.quartz" level="WARN"/>
>

>      <root level="INFO">
>          <appender-ref ref="CONSOLE"/>
>      </root>
>
> </configuration>
>

> Thanks
>
> K Nair

65% of statistics are made up on the spot