[logback-user] Logging outage in WebLogic with RollingFileAppender

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Tue Apr 16 17:31:20 CEST 2013

LoggerContext.close() is almost identical to
LoggerContext.reset(). Here is the code:

class LoggerContext ... {

   public void stop() {
     reset();
     fireOnStop();
     resetAllListeners();
     started = false;
   }
}

I don't think calling reset or close should make a difference. You want
to release and close appenders which reset() does.  Could you post your
configuration file?

On 16.04.2013 16:59, Roxolid wrote:
> Hi Ceki,
>
> well, half-true in my case... I have that code in my
> contextDestroyed(..) method, however, for whatever reason I have
> lc.reset() instead of lc.stop there... Will change and test that once
> I'm back to my dev machine. I will let you know then.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Regards,
> rox
>

> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 4:01 PM, ceki <ceki at qos.ch <mailto:ceki at qos.ch>>
> wrote:
>
>     Hi Rox,
>
>     Are you stopping logback when your application is stopped (and then
>     started)? The conextDestroyed method of
>     javax.servlet.__ServletContextListener is a good place for invoking
>     such code:
>
>     import javax.servlet.__ServletContextListener;
>     import javax.servlet.__ServletContextEvent;
>     import org.slf4j.LoggerFactory;
>     import ch.qos.logback.classic.__LoggerContext;
>
>     public class MyServletContextListener implements
>                                            ServletContextListener {
>
>        public void contextInitialized(__ServletContextEvent sce) {
>        }
>
>        public void contextDestroyed(__ServletContextEvent sce)  {
>          LoggerContext lc =
>                    (LoggerContext) LoggerFactory.__getILoggerFactory();
>          lc.stop();
>     }
>
>     Please let us know if stopping logback as described above helps.
>

>     On 16.04.2013 15:06, Roxolid wrote:
>
>         Hi all,
>
>         I have a trouble with logback configuration under WebLogic 12c. My
>         application is using RollingFile Appender with
>         TimeBasedRollingPolicy
>         and the problem is it stops logging every time I stop and then
>         start the
>         application through WebLogic Console. However, the logging is
>         back when
>         a rollover occurs - in the new file logging continues...
>
>         Has anyone faced such behavior (and knows the solution)?
>
>         Thank you in advance.
>
>         Regards,
>
>         rox

65% of statistics are made up on the spot