[logback-user] browse application log

Donald McLean dmclean62 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 22:13:26 CEST 2013

When I need to look at the server log, I just SSH into the host and vi the
log file. It isn't a glamorous solution, but it is simple and it does work.

It also has severe limitations.

One of the things I've been working on in my "copious spare time" is a new
tool for working with log files based on my own workflow. Up until now,
it's been a desktop/Swing application.

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 2:12 PM, diroussel <nabble at diroussel.xsmail.com>wrote:

> Saty,
>
> Your post didn't make it onto the mailing list, as you are not subscribed.
> It only made it into nabble.
>
> I don't know of any, but it sounds like the kind of thing someone would
> have
> written before.  If you can't find one you could write your own appender
> which keeps the most recent log messages in a buffer, and exposes them to a
> servlet.
>
> Of you could just server up your log folder with a file servlet.
>
> David
>
> > Does logback has anything to browse application log at a URL for web
> > applications. I read about logback access log but i am interested to
> > browse actual application log in somewhat similar way or download logs,
> > any pointer to related documentation would be helpful.

Family photographs are a critical legacy for
ourselves and our descendants. Protect that
legacy with a digital backup and recovery plan.