[logback-user] DuplicateMessageFilter not using params

Dave Brosius dbrosius at mebigfatguy.com
Thu Aug 22 04:43:43 CEST 2013

Greetings,

  I want to use the DuplicateMessageFilter but realized that it only
works on the format string, and not the complete message.

I want to catch the pathological case where something is truly getting
logged over and over again and is the same thing which is really
probably an undiscovered bug in the code.

Is there any such beast available? I realize that one could create their
own RealDuplicateMessageFilter and do the appending there, but that just
throws away the appending, and it would need to be redone when you
actually go to log, which kind of stinks.

Any ideas here? thanks!

dave