[logback-user] Main roller: FixedWindowRollingPolicy; trigger: TimeBasedRollingPolicy

Felipe felipenaranja at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 15:32:16 CET 2013

Hey friends! Greetings from Chile.

I'd like to achieve the following:

   1. I want my main rollingPolicy to be FixedWindowRollingPolicy. This
   way, my main logging file will always be named the same way and backup
   files will by rolling.
   2. I want the triggeringPolicy to be TimeBasedRollingPolicy, so it rolls
   every day at 04:00 AM. I couldn't find a way to achieve this and I only saw
   examples of SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy, which is not my desired
   triggeringPolicy. I couldn't find a parameter for TimeBasedRollingPolicy and
   besides of that it seems to require fileNamePattern.

Is there any way to achieve this? Thanks in advance!

Best regards.

--
Felipe