[logback-user] Externalized Logback configuration for web applications

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Fri Feb 1 19:11:49 CET 2013

Sure. Values for variables can be fetched from JNDI. See [1]. Values
defined in <context-param> inside the web.xml are available via JNDI. As
far as I know, all web containers export values defined in
<context-param> inside the web.xml via JNDI.

Please try the method outlined in [1] and kindly report back on this
mailing list.

[1] http://logback.qos.ch/manual/configuration.html#insertFromJNDI

On 31.01.2013 20:40, Richard Sand wrote:
> Is it possible to grab the value of the filename from the context of the web
> application itself, e.g. a <context-param> inside the web.xml? Idea here is
> that this can be overridden by a context.xml at deployment time, to
> externalize the filename without disturbing the web application archive, and
> without needing JNDI.
>
> e.g. so:
>
> <include file="/opt/logback-A.xml">
>
> becomes:
>
> <include file="${some-value-from-deployment-descriptor}">
>
> Thanks!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Richard

65% of statistics are made up on the spot