[logback-user] Externalized Logback configuration for web applications

Richard Sand rsand at idfoundry.com
Fri Feb 1 19:21:29 CET 2013

Hi Ceki - I guess I was looking for another mechanism than JNDI to expose
those, simply to avoid needing the extra context listeners and servlet
filter needed for performance.

Is there some magic we could do when logging is initialized to see if it's
being loaded by a servlet classloader and finding the base servlet and
grabbing the servletcontext? Or am I grasping at straws here?

Thanks!

Richard Sand | Managing Director
PO Box 91824 | Austin | Texas 78709-1824 | USA
Office: +1 888 612 8820 ext 02 | Fax: +1 866 304 3754
Mobile: +1 267 984 3651