[logback-user] getThrowable() not part of IThrowableProxy?

Richard Sand rsand at idfoundry.com
Thu Feb 7 22:12:15 CET 2013

Quick question - is there a reason why the method getThrowable() is not
part of the IThrowableProxy interface? ThrowableProxy has it but since
it's not part of the interface I need to cast to ThrowableProxy to access
it. Purpose here is in a custom AppenderBase implementation, where I want
to do some special processing if the ILoggingEvent has a throwable in it.
I see that the IThrowableProxy provides its own methods of returning
information about the underlying throwable object, but I've already got an
existing library to handle the throwable object in the way I need to. It's
not a huge deal (as said casting IThrowableProxy to ThrowableProxy does
the trick) but it seems like it should be part of the interface. Thanks!

Richard Sand | Managing Director
PO Box 91824 | Austin | Texas 78709-1824 | USA
Office: +1 888 612 8820 ext 02 | Fax: +1 866 304 3754
Mobile: +1 267 984 3651