[logback-user] commons-logging -> sl4j -> logback

Chris Pratt thechrispratt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 17:26:50 CET 2013

Unfortunately I don't have any solid numbers.  I can definitely tell you
that it's significantly faster in production settings when compared to
using '+' to build up logging strings, but it will definitely be slower in
debug settings when reflection is used.  My focus has been to make it as
fast as possible under all settings, but to focus more on the production
performance, since that's what affects end users the most.

In my opinion the ability to leave verbose debugging messages including
lots of well formatted data in the program for those times when bugs crop
up in the field, without degrading performance for every other user of the
system is a huge win.
  (*Chris*)