[logback-user] Pointing logback at a symbolic soft link

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Sun Jan 6 22:08:52 CET 2013

On 06.01.2013 01:20, Antony Stubbs wrote:

> Loback doesn't seem to be able to see the file, it just carries on like there
> was no config file. And because of the debug system, I get no debug
> information.
>
> Can logback be pointed at a soft symbolic link file?

Hi Antony,

Symbolic link file is just a file, so I don't see why logback could not
read its config file from a symbolic link. To see internal status
messages, I suggest you start your app by defining the
"logback.statusListenerClass" system property as follows:

java \
-Dlogback.statusListenerClass=ch.qos.logback.core.status.OnConsoleStatusListener

HTH,

65% of statistics are made up on the spot