[logback-user] Logback not rolling

Steve Cohen scohen at javactivity.org
Wed Jun 5 22:15:35 CEST 2013

On 06/05/2013 02:46 PM, ceki wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> The internal status messages are often very helpful in such
> circumstances. Did you set the debug attribute of the <configuration>
> element set to true?
>
> <configuration debug="true" ...>
>
> see also [1] and [2]
>
> [1] http://logback.qos.ch/manual/configuration.html#automaticStatusPrinting
> [2] http://logback.qos.ch/manual/configuration.html#viewingStatusMessages

Thanks, Ceki.

However
1) this is Swing app running under javaw so there is no console.  and
it's not a web app so no easy way to hook up the servlet.

2) Corporate security prevents me from having access to production
machines and I have a low degree of confidence that the environment I do
have access to is similar to that of production.

3) and so, the only thing that could help me would be something like the
OnConsoleStatusListener that wrote to a file instead of a console.

Does anything like that exist?