[logback-user] Localtime(from server) to be printed instead of GMT

Steve Cohen scohen at javactivity.org
Tue Jun 11 15:33:37 CEST 2013

I'm pretty sure that the default is whatever timezone Java thinks it is
running under.  Normally this is the local timezone, but I have seen
setups where some of Java's time zone information files have been
removed, which causes Java to default to GMT.  Java out of the box does
not do that.  What version of the JDK are you using and has it been
modified or is it direct from Oracle or other vendor?

By default Java does not read a timezone from /etc/localtime, which of
course does not exist under all OSes.  I do not know whether or not
logback has features to customize timestamps beyond what you are using.
  It may be that it hasn't been considered necessary since there are
many opportunities to customize Java.

So your first step is to figure out why Java is defaulting to GMT.
Again, that is not the normal behavior.