[logback-user] SMTPAppender - Email not formatted properly when log message contains double linebreak

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mbd at dbc.dk
Mon Jun 24 15:31:03 CEST 2013

The stmp standard dictates that a header field is terminated by a new line. An empty line terminates the list of header fields.

The relevante info is in 3.1.3 of the 822 RC, I guess:

 3.1.3.  UNSTRUCTURED FIELD BODIES

        For some fields, such as "Subject" and "Comments",  no  struc-
        turing  is assumed, and they are treated simply as <text>s, as
        in the message body.  Rules of folding apply to these  fields,
        so  that  such  field  bodies  which occupy several lines must
        therefore have the second and successive lines indented by  at
        least one LWSP-char.

So, it looks like a bug in the SMTP appender or some software it uses.

Regards

Mads